The Cisco OfficeExtend solution gives the customer the ability to simply purchase wireless access points for secure remote connectivity.
Given that terms such as “work-from-home” and “remote worker” are now considered commonplace, a periodic re-scan of the remote work solutions continues to be a good idea for any IT administrator. This market is now very broad, consisting of solutions built on both on-prem and cloud-based architectures. The most mainstream solutions tend to lean towards software-based VPN solutions for individual users and appliance-based VPNs for larger branch environments. Among their multiple offerings, network giant Cisco has championed a somewhat unique solution for such needs targeting customers looking for single and multi-device support without the cost of purchasing remote VPN appliances for each branch. The Cisco OfficeExtend solution gives the customer the ability to simply purchase wireless access points for secure remote connectivity.
- Leverage Existing Corporate Wireless Deployment for Remote Connectivity
- Offer Both Wired and Wireless Services
- Facilitates Workers On the Road, At Home, or at Remote Branches
- Utilize Distributed Transport Layer Security (DTLS) for Secure Tunneling
- Full Support for Enterprise Authentication Mechanisms such as 802.1X, EAP-TLS, etc.
- Ability to Extend Corporate Visibility to include Remote User Data
- Full Integration With Corporate Security Solutions such as Cisco Identity Services Engine, Stealthwatch, AMP, DNAC, Talos, Umbrella, and FTD appliances
- Achieve Centralized Control for all Remote Work Efforts
Keller Schroeder has great success implementing solutions such as OfficeExtend. Our comprehensive practice can aid your business during the site survey process, equipment implementation timeline, and support throughout the lifecycle of the solution. Keller Schroeder strives to engage reputable vendor partners for all equipment and application needs.
Keller Schroeder would love the opportunity to assist in adding value to your infrastructure purchase. Our team of experienced and certified engineers is eager to assist you on your journey to increasing the ROI for your investment in wireless technologies. To learn more, reach out to your Keller Schroeder Select Account Manager.
Senior Network Engineer