Keller Schroeder was recently informed that Microsoft is planning to increase the cost of their Client Access Licenses (CAL). On-premise user CAL pricing will increase by approximately 13% effective on August 1st, 2015. The list price for Device CALs will not change.
Which CALs are affected?
The following User CALs will be affected:
- Core CAL Suite
- Enterprise CAL Suite
- Exchange Server Standard & Enterprise CALs
- Lync Server Standard, Enterprise, & Plus CALs
- Project Server CAL
- SharePoint Standard & Enterprise CAL
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- System Center Client Management Suite
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server CAL
- Windows Server CAL
- Windows RDS & RMS CAL
- Windows Multipoint CAL
As a reminder, Device CALs will not be impacted by this price change, nor will CALs for any product not listed above (SQL, Dynamics AX/CRM, etc.).
If your company is looking to upgrade your Microsoft products, contact the Keller Schroeder Account Team soon to make those changes BEFORE the increase on August 1st. We will gladly answer any questions you might have and look forward to assisting you.