Sr. Mainframe COBOL Engineer
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Sr. Mainframe COBOL Engineer. This is a 6 months+ contract to hire opportunity with our direct client in Evansville, IN. This position will be in a fast paced environment working with batch and real-time systems and coordinating changes with other IT development teams. NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
- Document and gather business, functional or technical requirements.
- Create, develop and code from technical specifications.
- Develop, troubleshoot and maintain zSeries COBOL applications.
- Participate in code reviews.
- May assist with training of other developers.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support system applications.
- 7+ years of experience in zSeries COBOL development
- DB2 and SQL
- MQSeries or WebSphere MQ
- Abend Analyzer such as Fault Analyzer
- Intertest or Debugger
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work onsite in Evansville, IN (work is remote the remainder of 2020)
Nice to have:
- Changeman or similar source code management system
- Mainview or Omegamom
- RDz – Rational Developer for System z
We look forward to receiving your resume in Word format!