Select Account Manager - Outside Sales
Keller Schroeder has been growing, and we are expanding our operations in the Nashville, TN area. If you are a proven performer, we would like you to take a closer look at working for us. We are in need of a Select Account Manager to join our team! The Select Account Manager will serve as a sales professional for Network/Systems/Security solution opportunities which include hardware, software, and professional services. This position is focused on generating new clients for Keller Schroeder in the Greater Nashville, TN geography. Employer is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
- Serve as a sales professional for all network, systems, storage, and security hardware products including: Cisco collaboration products (VoIP), Cisco core network products (routers, switches, firewalls), Cisco Unified Computing Servers (UCS), NetApp Storage Area Networks (SAN), HPE/Nimble SAN, and other miscellaneous network hardware items; Software products including: VMware vSphere and vCenter, Microsoft Windows Server, Office365, Microsoft 365, Azure, and other appropriate software products; and Keller Schroeder professional services including design, implementation, and troubleshooting delivered thru our professional services group.
- Meet with prospects, evaluating their information technology needs, and developing and presenting configurations, proposals, and Statements of Work (SOW) that will effectively and profitably meet those needs. This role requires on-site prospect meetings and includes telephone discussions as well as email follow up.
- Proactive demand generation activities within a new territory (prospect calling, seminars, direct mail); managing existing lead generators (vendor partners, vendor programs, client referrals, internal leads); and enthusiastic prospecting.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the sales team, the project manager, and the professional services team members to provide Information Technology expertise, consultation, and administrative support.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (in person and by phone)
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and learn new products
- Ability to generate leads and opportunities in a new territory
- Aptitude for understanding computer terminology
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain positive business relationships to ensure future business
- Willingness to be creative when presenting solutions to customer needs
- Good time management & organizational skills
- Day travel with minimal overnight travel is expected.
- Call reporting is a must.
- On-site visits to Keller Schroeder headquarters in Evansville, IN approximately twice per month.
- Three + years technical sales experience in the Nashville, TN area (not limited to I/T)
- Outside sales experience with proven track record (not limited to I/T)
- Solid business contacts within the Nashville, TN area
- BS degree in business or computer related field
Keller Schroeder is an employee owned, regionally focused information technology, consulting services firm, and a value-added reseller of hardware and software products headquartered in Evansville, IN. Our company was founded in 1978. Since 1996 we have aggressively expanded into technologies such as web-based and client server development tools as well as networking and infrastructure products. We offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary and profitability bonus, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, matching 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), flexible spending account, vacation, holidays, tuition reimbursement and direct deposit.