Sr. Data Modeler/Data Base Administrator – Mainframe
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Data Modeler/Data Base Administrator – Mainframe to work for our direct client. This is a direct hire, full time opportunity. This individual will be building and implementing large-scale data models in a Mainframe platform.
- Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements and translate into technical data requirements and create or update existing logical and physical data models to support long-term solutions.
- Work with the development team; create data models and database designs using an approved Enterprise Data Modeling tool, utilizing reverse and forward engineering that depicts the business areas and systems in the technical environment to ensure data integrity is being maintained.
- Ensure adherence to technical database design standards for high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Review database design with development teams and generate initial Data Definition Language (DDL).
- Analyze existing database queries and provide performance tuning recommendations.
- Perform data analysis on production systems.
- Support Enterprise’s Data Modeling Tool Suite through administration which includes user maintenance, software upgrades, documenting and researching issues
- Identify tool features to enhance and standardize usage by all data modelers in the organization
- Provide training on tool features to data modelers.
- Work with DB2 and SQL Server.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to manage large data sets, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques.
- Proven experience in application architecture, Cloud Solutions with emerging technologies, Data Modeling and Data Migration.
- Managed complex systems, projects and workflow, in conjunction with tight deadlines.
- Experience translating business requirements into Data Structure requirements and logical and physical model.
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications.
- Advanced technical knowledge and background in the areas of Data Modeling, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Data Management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Security, Data Integration (ETL) and Data Migration.
- Proven understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server), Data warehousing, and business analytics.
- Able to recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- In depth understanding in system development life cycle and successfully deployed reliable data systems and data quality management systems.
- Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to take direction to define and implement solutions as requirements are identified and finalized.
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind to ensure the pieces make up the final solution.
- Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others.
- Must work onsite in Evansville, IN.
- 7 years Data Modeling
- 5 years Database Administration
- 1 year ETL
- 3 years DB2 z/OS
- 2 years SQL Server
We look forward to receiving your resume in Word format!