IT Support Specialist
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking an IT Support Specialist for our direct client. This is a direct hire, full time opportunity located in Carmi, IL.
- Log and process support calls within the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Respond to requests from staff members, district managers, regional managers and stores.
- Install and configure new technology such as hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Provide maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot systems and applications by running diagnostics on malfunctioning hardware or software and finding/implementing solutions.
- Replace damaged or malfunctioning parts on hardware and ordering parts when out of stock.
- Implement and assist on the roll out of new applications or operating systems.
- Set up profiles, emails, and issue access passes for new employees; assist in password-related issues.
- Run security checks on systems.
- IT on call rotation.
- Travel as needed to stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee. Rarely any overnight travel.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and systems including how hardware pieces work together and understanding basics of software development and functions.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills taking special care of small details and finding the right solutions by thinking creatively and outside the box.
- Good communication skills with excellent listening and inquiry skills to understand issues when explained by non-technical staff.
- Ability to explain issues to coworkers, staff members, or clients in a clear and concise manner using non-technical language.
- Great teamwork skills being able to assist coworkers when needed and work in tandem with coworkers on big projects.
- Ability to remember hardware and systems specifications and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work under pressure in stressful environments, assessing issues in a timely manner, and meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service skills with excellent manners when speaking with clients in person or over the phone.
We look forward to receiving your resume in Word format!