Server/Storage Engineer II
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Server/Storage Engineer II for a full time, direct hire position with our client in Jasper, IN. The Engineer II is responsible for the overall architecture of all networks and design, installation, administration, and optimization of all servers and storage in order to achieve the high performance and technology necessary to support the client’s strategic goals. Our client is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
- Manages and provides Tier 3 support for all networking and systems topologies.
- Plans, coordinates, installs, tracks movement, and repairs of all network/systems related equipment, including but not limited to switches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, and servers, storage platforms.
- Supports the EMR applications, device settings, and troubleshooting server and network problems.
- Works closely with departments, other information systems technical staff, and vendors in project planning of complex network/systems configurations.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes all network/systems data to identify trends and determine ideal solutions and recommends and implements network/systems configuration changes based on performance needs.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all incidents and procedures on equipment, services performed, and configuration specifications to establish a history and reference source.
- Ensures all software licensing requirements for all devices and systems are followed.
- Designs, configures, and implements backup strategy for all data.
- Maintains awareness of potential security issues/vulnerabilities, alerts workforce of potential security issues/vulnerabilities, and eliminates or assists in eliminating potential security issues/vulnerabilities.
- Supports the installation and configuration of network security architectures.
- Configures Windows and Linux host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems.
- Observes and responds to Intrusion Detection System cues and anti-virus alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field, preferred.
- Intermediate level certification such as MCSA, CCNA, or VCP or comparable required.
Four to five years of experience as a Network Engineer, System Engineer, or related is required.
- Experience with VMWare, VEEAM, HP Blades for servers.
- Nimble and Primera experience required for storage.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with staff and outside vendors.
- Ability to lift up to a 50 pound piece of equipment.
- Ability to work onsite in Jasper, IN.
We look forward to receiving your resume in PDF format.