We welcome individual candidate and Corp-to-Corp (CTC) resume submissions.
Hybrid work arrangement in office 2 days/week
Evansville, IN or Baltimore, MD
6-month contract to hire
No sponsorship available
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, Indiana, is seeking a Configuration Manager. This is a 6-month contract to hire opportunity for our direct client in Evansville, IN. You must be able to work onsite 2 days a week from either the Evansville, IN or Baltimore, MD offices. No sponsorship is available. This role will be responsible for defining, planning, measurement, and improvement of all aspects of the configuration management practice to minimize impact of change related problems.
- Validate and maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for all services, applications, and infrastructure
- Discovery: Defines, creates, and manages the ServiceNow Discovery schedules, ensuring that scans are complete and provide the expected data
- Design, develop, and implement custom patterns, probes, and sensors to achieve a complete and accurate discovery of infrastructure components and application services
- Ensures ServiceNow Discovery schedules are created and maintained for all active locations and the IP ranges being scanned are active
- Develops and implements processes to review the ServiceNow Discovery logs, identifies issues, and resolves them
- Troubleshoots and resolves any issues with ServiceNow Discovery and CMDB health, including working with support teams and other appropriate stakeholders
- Develops automated scripts to pull data from agents deployed on physical servers and files deployed with application builds to automatically populate updates into the CMDB Configuration items
- Develops Service Mapping for the applications
- Develops processes for maintaining Service Maps Quality and Integrity
- Ensures ServiceNow Discovery is aligned with other systems that provide CI data
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining configuration items (CI) Assists with defining which CI types, attributes, and relationships are tracked in the CMDB
- Manages all aspects of the CMDB including reconciliation and de-duplication Mapping Works with application teams to understand architectures and how components integrate.
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board (CAB) process and maintain (with appropriate stakeholders) CI management documentation
- Maintains configuration baselines and ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Assists with and coordinates configuration audits and reports to ensure process compliance and the accuracy of the CMDB
- Maintains and establishes Deficiency Report tracking to improve data quality, integrity, and security of Configuration Management database
- Review and recommend improvements to existing Configuration Management processes