Direct hire, full time, remote opportunity
No sponsorship is available.
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Systems Administrator to work for our direct client. This is a direct hire, full time, remote opportunity going onsite occasionally for meetings. This individual will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of components of IT Infrastructure Systems including phone system, servers, storage, cellular/mobile devices, virtualization, Active Directory, and Microsoft O365/Azure services. Also, the support of end users including problem solving hardware/software issues and ensuring systems are secure. This role will report to the Director of IT Network Services and will plan/implement projects independently.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests
- Troubleshoot malfunctions
- Repair and replace failing hardware or software components
- Maintain equipment inventories and evaluate new equipment and techniques
- Maintain performance of systems to minimize downtime and ensure responsiveness
- Lead departmental projects of a complex nature
- Ensure security is not compromised
- Communicate status, follow standard project management principles, cost analysis, tracking, manpower requirements and budget
- Implementations resulting in no adverse impact to users.
- Provide support necessary to all in-house users, agents, and subsidiaries to be highly productive
- Correct user’s issues not handled by the Help Desk and escalate when appropriate
- Provide initial training and support documentation for system usage, login, and selected advanced are of need
- Assist the Director of IT Network Services in developing annual plans and monitoring the progress toward the plan including making adjustments as appropriate
- Aid in the development of activities
- Document service and installation actions connected to systems
- Anticipate activities planned in other departments and subsidiaries with emphasis on excellent service and necessary function at low cost
- Coach and mentor team members as appropriate
- Back up, archive, and verify data backups to ensure system or file data recoverability as well as any other periodic operational activities
- Participate in testing of Disaster Recovery plan to restore infrastructure