Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Data Engineer to work for our direct client. This is a direct hire, full time opportunity. Must live within 2 – 3 hours driving distance of Washington, IN to work onsite as needed. No sponsorship is available.
A Data Engineer should be someone who:
- Wants to understand what the data is (its’ metadata definition) and how it may be valuable to supporting business decision-making, application integration, and analytics.
- Can visualize the data lifecycle in their head; knows the data has a source, it may have been aggregated, manipulated, or modified throughout its lifecycle, and it has business rules governing why it was captured in the first place.
- Understand the business mission and can design solutions to source data, curate it, and deliver it safely and securely, from Point A to Point B, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform the tasks of data engineering: Source data, extract it, enrich metadata definitions, develop data rules, transform data, load data to target locations, and visualize data graphically.
- Design, build and support scalable, highly available data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and Databricks.
- Implement processes that improve and lead to greater data quality.
- Work with the line of business to understand requests pertaining to data.
- Utilize SQL/ETL processes to get data from various sources.
- Ensure data is clean/structured to be able to be consumed and visualized.
- Write SQL queries to transform raw data into usable business information and metrics.
- Collaborate with different teams to understand business requirements and to design workable solutions.